Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Going Full Speed Ahead

Hello everyone. My life has been moving forward in the plan God has for me. I know He has great plans for me and my life, and things have been happening all around. Isn't He a great God!!

Shortly after the great book signing at Barnes & Noble in Mandeville and then typing my blog on October 25th, Around Town, a local talk show, had me in for live taping. This appeared on Channel 9, WAFB TV the following Sunday -- October 27, 2012. I was in awe at how awesome the taping of the show flowed. Everyone there moved in such grace...and the timing. WOW. I can't even explain how great it was. The people made me feel so special...and I'm telling you when you watch Around Town, you as a viewer feel satisfied, informed, lifted, and so much more. The studio for Around Town was a wonderful place to be and I'm proud I was part of one of their shows. I've ordered a copy of the show, but in the mean time you can see the five minute segment I was on. click here to view, then click on Media page. This clip is 2nd on the page. The full show will be available soon to me so I can share it with you. One of the guests (besides me) was Percy Sledge. How cool is that?

On October 27 the State of Louisiana, along with Barnes and Noble, held the Louisiana Book Festival downtown. I was a part of it again this year. The weather was cool and brisk. The wind blew most of the morning. It was a gorgeous day. We couldn't have asked for better weather. The crowd that gathered downtown was not disappointed in any way. There was great music, fantastic food, various things to see and participate in, as well as a lot of authors with every genre of book you could possibly want. No one went home empty handed. I hope you made it to the festival...if you didn't, you missed a great day. I loved it. There were several camera men & women filming for news shows, future adds for LA BK FST, as well as other reasons. I was blessed by being taped by a few of them. One sent me a clip of three authors interviewed in one clip. I was one of the 3. Teena L Myers did a fantastic job on this clip. I can't wait to see the rest. In the meantime, I copied mine on to my website.                          Click here to view the clip. Once you click, go to my media page. It's the top video.

October 31st our church, HeartsEase Family Life Church, had the Annual Fall Festival. So many children came out for the fun. My husband and I over-saw the Milk the Cow booth. What a treat!! Kids competed, seeing who could fill the pale with milk (water was used) first. I'm telling you, it was so much fun watching them try hard to get the cow to comply. It was a full sized wooden cow (made by Pastor P himself). With 30 seconds the time aloted to milk the cow, over a two hour span, the most was 325 ML. The normal was 50 - 150 ML. This little boy was fast...or was it a girl? I can't remember. There were two who kept coming back trying to beat the best score. Scott and I were worn out by the end of the night (and felt it still the next day), but we wouldn't trade the time we spent with those kids for anything in the world.

My sister-in-law had surgery on her other eye on November 1st. It too went well. Even her doctor was amazed at how Sarah no longer needs to wear reading glasses. New lenses in both eyes now. She may be 62, but she's seeing like a young woman of 25.

On November 3rd, I was a part of the Holiday Bazaar at the library in Denham Springs. It too had a good turn out. I love talking to readers and hearing feed back on my stories...as well as finding new authors to read. Next year the city (I believe) will be putting this on so it should be even bigger. Kathy Mayeaux of the Denham Springs/Walker Library has had this for three or four years that I've known her and has done a great job. She loves helping writers grow. I was blessed and still am, of being a part of the Writer's group there.

This coming Saturday, 11/10/12, I will be attending Fall in Love with Romance Luncheon, being put on by Heartla, a chapter of RWA. The luncheon is being held at Juban's Creole Restaurant from 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. I don't know if there are tickets left this late in the game, but check with Heartla if interested. There will be a number of authors attending...as well as avid readers. This is for the readers...gives them a chance to spend time and meet the authors they love face-to-face...as well as another opportunity for writers to hear from other authors on things happening in the writing world today. I look forward to it and am blessed to be a part of the authors offering their books to be available at the end of the luncheon. It should be another fun day.

You see, I told you I've been busy. But can I tell you -- I love it!! I am so blessed this is what God chose for me to do. Thank You, Lord.

I hope to see you all one day, face-to-face. In the meantime, keep reading. And you writers...keep writing. My latest books - Crime in The Big Easy & Testimony of Innocence, book 2 of The Samantha Cain Mysteries are selling fast. I'm so pleased.

Oh...I almost forgot. The Barnes & Noble in our town have set a signing for me. I'll keep you posted on the event page of my website...so stay tuned.

Just a reminder:



5 comments:

  1. You are busy! Life is grand! Following God's will is an amazing thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a post I received in my email...


    Nice! You have been a busy bee!
    Love you!

    Charlotte Garrett Guidroz
    Mortgage Loan Originator

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is another post through my email...

    Good Morning Deborah Lynne, Love the blog…how exciting your life has been? Thank you for sharing!

    Have a Blessed Day!
    Ellen Stephens Elias

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you sure have been busy!! By the way, the first lady on the festival video, Angela Bertone is the same girl I was telling you about that sat beside me at the Denham Springs book bazarr. How funny is that!

    Have a great time at the luncheon on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanted to read your first article.Very Impressive.
    gclub

    ReplyDelete