Tuesday, October 18, 2011

October 18, 2011 My first blog

Hi everyone.

My name is Deborah Lynne, a writer of fiction. God called me years ago to write. What an awesome thing He is doing through me. I love that He chose me to do this.

I remember that day well. I had been in a car accident. For almost two months I could do very little, but one thing I could do was read. So I started reading. I've always loved happy endings so the books I chose to read were love stories with happy endings. After over a month of reading so many books, I remember telling God, I can write one of these. He whispered in my heart (He didnt speak outloud in an audible voice mind you, but gently in my spirit), Yes, you can. And suddenly a story started forming in my mind. First He gave me a title, Accidental Romance. How beautiful is that? And then the rest poured out...or in actually.

My left hand was in a cast, due to be removed shortly, not my right hand. So I grabbed one of my children's spiral notebooks and a pen and started writing. I filled up 3 or 4 notebooks before the book was complete. (first draft, of course) I was so excited. I shared my manuscript with my mom who read Science Fiction, but because I was her daughter and she didn't want to discourage me, she read it. And she praised the story. That was the beginning of my writing career at 33 years old.

God does exceedingly, abundantly, above all that we ask or think of Him. Ephesians 3:20 and other Scriptures tells us so. So those of you who feel you are being called to do something, but think--I can't, remember what God calls you to do, He will help you through. You don't do it on your own power, strength, and/or knowledge. You do it through Him. He will help you grow in your calling. Think of Moses. He said, but Lord, I can't speak, how could I lead your people? (Paraphrased by me). Anyway, what I'm saying is trust in the Lord and let Him lead you.


The Lord will fulfill His purpose, for me: your love, O Lord, endures forever--do not abandon the works of your hands. Psalm 138:8 NIV


In my blog, I hope to share with you what I've learned in writing over the years. To everyone feeling a story inside of them that is wanting to come out and just doesn't know where to begin or how to get started, I hope my blog helps you. I plan to blog once a week. Besides writing tips and helps, I'll be sharing some of my wonderful life with you. God has blessed me in a mighty way and I can't help but want to shout it from the mountain tops...which would be hard down here in Louisiana since we have no mountains. The computer will be my mountain! I hope you will tune in every week and be blessed.

Check out my website www.author-deborahlynne.com and see my books that have been pubished so far. You can read the first chapter of each. Grace, a Gift of Love; All in God's Time; Be Not Afraid; & Passion from the Heart.

Take care and talk to you soon. God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment