Saturday, June 30, 2012

Good morning, everyone.

I write with mixed emotions this morning. My mother-in-law, known to a lot of people as Sister Twirly-bird or Sister Spinner, appears to be in her last days. I rejoice because I know as soon as her body dies, her spirit will be in Heaven. AND she'll be up on her feet dancing before the Lord. Praise God!! But right now she is in a very weakened state. Body strength has left her and it takes all she has to open her beautiful crystal blue eyes. Yesterday when she wanted to get up and run around but couldn't, and her body was fighting the disability, nothing could settle her...not even the strong meds she has to do just that. Then her granddaughter had a great idea. Praise music was turned on playing softly in the background, and her body settled. The peace that filled her room was amazing. The great news is we know where she'll be when this 89-year-old body shuts down for good...In Heaven with the Lord. Praise God.

Those of you who mourned with me when my daughter miscarried several months ago can leap for joy again. She is with child. When the doctors confirmed this for her and her husband, she was four weeks along. We are all doing cartwheels. Even Mrs. Craft got the news before she became so out of it and was joyed by the blessing.

In my writing, I'm still holding my breath. Testimony of Innocence is scheduled for release July 15th and I hope it's moving along nicely. Lean on Me, my next book I'm sending to Oak Tara, a stand-alone romantic suspense, is close to being ready. I am so blessed to have two fantastic critique partners as well as two sweet friends who are helping me find and correct all the errors. Those of you who write can attest to what I say when I tell you, when we read our own work we read it as we meant to write it and errors don't jump out at us. Thank God for friends who love us and critique for us. Also I'm working on book 3 of the series, The Truth Revealed.

I hope all is going well for everyone. Remember we all have a calling whether it is writing, singing, teaching, engineering, or whatever, follow your call and give it your all. Where He leads you He'll see you through. I know He's blessing me each and every day.

Take care and God bless you all.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry Ms. Craft isn't doing better. And I'm so sorry about your daughters miscarriage! I didn't even know about that. You sure hid your pain well in front of me but please know you don't need to do that. I'm here for ya!

    You are doing so good with your writing and I'm really proud of you. Keep up the good work and I'll see ya soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know how close to the end of her life here on earth she was. Her spirit is in Heaven since about 215 yesterday afternoon. It's now Sunday morning (124) and I can't sleep thinking about so many memories.
    Molly miscarried back in November I believe. She was pregnant at my son's wedding and it was some time after that, that they lost their baby.

    Thanks Allyn for being here for me.

    ReplyDelete