Monday, October 8, 2012

Afternoon Connection

Hey guys. It's afternoon time here...later than I normally post. Today is Columbus day. How many years ago was our nation discovered? I believe it was in 1462. All I can say is, God bless America...and I'm proud to be an American. For those of you who get the day off, I hope you are enjoying it.

A few minutes ago Scott, my husband, put together a laptop stand so I can sit in the living room or out on the deck and have a steady place for my lap top to go. I love it. It was a gift from our cousins in Cincinnati OH. We took a short vacation up there and enjoyed every minute of it. Hey Cathey and Barry (if you're reading this).

I came back to a wonderful surprise. As you all know, Testimony of Innocence book 2 of The Samantha Cain Series released in September. My publisher, OakTara, told me they would try to have Crime in The Big Easy ready in time for the Louisiana Book Festival on October 27, 2012. They did. The box I ordered for me was delivered my first day back. I LOVE IT!! Don't get me wrong. I love all of my stories I've been blessed to write, but Crime in The Big Easy and Hidden Secrets (not published yet) are my two favorite books I've written. I believe I have a special attachment to Crime in The Big Easy because it was my first suspense with a little romance. I was tickled pink when Ramona Tucker said they wanted to publish it. Not only is it an awesome story (I believe), I love my characters. They were probably the first ones who came to life as I was writing. This, by the way, was my 7th book written out of the many I have completed and started as of today. Wait till you get it. I hope you love it as much as I do. Check out the front and back cover of my new book...I tried to download the back and front cover and like on face book, it wouldn't work. I'll have to check into that. SO...I'll down load the cover.



Here is a quick reminder -- On October 20th, I'll be at Barnes & Noble in Mandeville from 2p.m. until 4p.m. If you live in that area, come see me. This signing is for Book 2 -- Testimony of Innocence that was released September 2012. They also have my other 4 books (Be Not Afraid, Book 1 of The Samantha Cain Mysteries, Passion from the Heart, All in God's Time, & Grace a Gift of Love. Crime in The Big Easy wasn't ready in time...not that we ever thought it would be. Anyway, I hope you in the area will come on down to the store. I love to visit with my readers and I'd love to meet you face-to-face. Here is the front and back view of Testimony of Innocence, book 2 of The Samantha Cain Mysteries. I love Samantha and her life...I hope you do too.



The Louisiana Book Festival will be October 27th in Baton Rouge, downtown by the Capital and The LA State Library. I have a booth, so watch for me.

I think I figured out the problem as to why I couldn't download the full cover. I'm going to try again. Here goes:



It worked. What's that old saying..."when all else fails, read the instructions." I needed to download it as a JPEG not a PDF. That's probably why I couldn't do it on FaceBook. Oh well. It's hear now. I hope you can get it big enough to read about Taylor Jaymes.

Also, my daughter in California let me know I was wrong on the date. It was 1692. Sorry. History and Geography were not my best subjects...and I've been out of school for some time.

Take care and God bless you. I hope to see you soon.

deb

No comments:

Post a Comment